Monday, November 24, 2008

Sick!

Sickness travels fast when you have 3 children. Here is the story in all it's glory.
Wednesday afternoon Lily all of the sudden threw up in the car. So we are just crossing our fingers that she ate something wierd. No such luck, she had the Stomache Flu. It quickly made it's way to Tyson, who really did not do well. He got over it and I thought we were good. Friday night Jeremy went with his bosses bosses boss or something like that to a fight. I was holding Lily on my lap, home alone and she all of the sudden threw up again. So I got up and cleaned it up. I started to feel sick , but you don't know if you are just experiencing the throw up woes . Again no such luck my flu symptoms came on very suddenly. I found my self throwing up trying to take care of 3 kids. I had been having a dull pain in my right side for about 3 weeks. I think sometimes I can be a bit of a hypocondriac ( I totally had to look that up in the dictionary.) So I called my mom, who could be considered a hypocondriac as well (might as well use it as many times as possible right?) I asked her to take me to insta care. My parents came and my dad stayed with the kids while my mom took me to Insta Care. Insta Care was closed. Oh Crap!!!!! I started to panic and I don't even know why. So my mom Immediately assumes I am dying and takes me to the emergency room. I am in a total panic melt down by this time , still throwing up. Jeremy is still at the fight, and my mom is trying her best to take care of an "adult child". We get in to the room and they start an IV and push something in there that put me in a very good position. I mean talk about a psychodelic trip!! The only things I remember after that was waking up to throw up and waking up for only a second to see Jeremy in the hospital room who was now throwing up. Or in the words of Judy "violently throwing up". Oh ya , no one is getting out of this one. They addmitted me surprisingly I think my fragile emotional state was a factor. Saturday was spent in recovery and Sunday we were just fine. So we attented Blakes birthday celebration. Two days later a multitude of people got sick. I would again really like to take this opportunity to extend my appologies to Dorothy, Roscoe, Kathy, and Keaton. I would also like to offer a reason of explanation. Legend has it that you are contagious 24 hrs prior to presenting with symptoms. I really thought we were okay. !! So that is the story and I am sticking to it!

3 comments:

Brielle said...

wow. That's awful.

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me? I didn't know you guys were sick. Luckily, Keaton was the only one in our family that was sick with the flu. I'll make sure I tell him that it was YOU!! that got him sick. I'm sure he'll want to personally thank you. Glad you are all feeling better.

Karrie said...

Wow...that was a nightmare...glad you are better. So happy to hear you are a blogger too...we need to stick together