Monday, October 26, 2009

Why Can't I just be perfect!

Is it really too much to ask to have my laundry room look like this!


I want our house to look like this , all perfectly clean and no toys and shoes laying everywhere!
I would love to have my kids rooms look like this! And I wish I were the one who made that quilt.
Please somebody tell me why my pantry can't look like this! I love it!!!!

Why is it the my kitchen drawers can not look like this. I would love it!
I would love it if I could keep my children organized and have their closets look like this, have all their homework done perfectly. Have them always say please and thank you etc... (you get the idea)
Any way you get the idea. I am just totally disappointed with myself . I need some suggestions on how to stay ahead of all the work!!

6 comments:

andersons said...

Amen sista! But then how can you really LIVE when you are constantly trying to kee everything perfect? There has to be something in between.

Kristy said...

You need to lower your expectations girlfriend!! We are not perfect or live in a perfect world so things happen. I have to remind my daughter all the time that we live in our house it can't be perfect all the time.....you have to enjoy life. Before you know it your kids will be gone(trust me I can't believe I have one just about ready to leave home). You do the best you can each day and don't worry about what didn't get done or organized.

Hang in there :)!!

cella6 said...

If you want it like that just do it!!!

wende said...

those aren't REAL photos of people's homes - they're photo shoots. no one comes in to throw their laundry on the bed, or spill crap in the pantry w/o sweeping it up, or leave their toys all over the living room. people LIVE in your house, and if they didn't, you would be sad.

perfection is BORING. i know, because my SIL is perfect. her house is always clean. and the kids never have any fun there because she's cleaning up the toys WHILE they play with them. sick.

don't stress. you'll make yourself crazy. just be grateful that there are toys everywhere and all sorts of caos, it means there's a FAMILY there!

hang in there!

Karrie said...

Um my house looks just like those pictures...I don't know what everyone else is talking about.JK

You do realize these are photos from a magazine and I'm sure the houses they were taken in are a mess right now.

Anonymous said...

I'm shocked to hear that your house doesn't look like that. I thought all the Taylor's had the cleaniness of Dorothy. LOL